Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Member Garden Tour & Picnic at Bedrock Gardens (11:00 AM)
Bring a picnic lunch and join us at Bedrock Gardens.Developed in the 1980s and 90s on the site of an abandoned dairy farm, the gardens take visitors through a series of landscaped, outdoor spaces on a journey of discovery. A three-quarter mile main path connects the various gardens and there are two miles of woodland trails on this 37 acre site. Highlights include a Japanese Tea House and garden, a rock garden, a parterre, formal garden, a wildlife pond, a spiral garden, and many sculptures done by Jill Nooney who, with her husband, Bob Munger, created these amazing gardens.
- Registration: Required
- Admission Fee: $10.00
- Drive North on I-95.
- Take Exit 2 (Exeter/ Hampton), and go west on Route 101.
- After about 12 miles, take Exit 7 in Epping.
- Go north on Route 125 for about 5 miles.
- At the stop light at the intersection with Route 152, turn left onto Route 152 West (towards Nottingham).
- Take the next left (100 feet) onto High Road.
- Take your first left into Bedrock Gardens parking area.
- Town ordinances prohibit parking on the street.
- GPS Alert! As you go north on Route 125, some GPS systems are advising turning left on the North River Road 1-2 miles before you get to Route 152. This will give you dirt roads and a longer trip. Better, however, to continue past North River Road to Route 152, and turn left there as suggested above.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 11:00 AM until 12:30 PM
19 High Road
Lee, NH 03861