Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Village Nature Walk & Picnic with Susan and Ellie (11:00 AM)
Join Village members and teacher naturalists, Susan Coolidge and Ellie Bailey, for a guided nature walk through the oak forest to the salt marsh. Picnic and enjoy views of the Great Marsh from an overlook with seating. This is a short walk at a leisurely pace along a flat, forest road.
- Limited to 12 fully vaccinated participants; masks are optional.
- Bring a lunch and dress for walking in comfortable shoes and outdoor clothing.
- Sun screen and bug spray recommended.
- Registration is required by Tuesday, June 15.
- In the event of rain, we will phone you the day of the walk. Rain date: Friday, June 25
From: Newbury Lower Green, corner 1A and Rolfe’s Lane
To: Rough Meadows Parking Lot, Patmos Rd., Rowley
Take 1A South towards Rowley for about 4 miles. Rough Meadows is on the left, just past the Rowley Tendercrop Farm (formerly Picul’s). Look for Stackyard Road and two signs, one for Rough Meadows and one for Minister’s Woodlot. Turn left onto Stackyard Road, a dirt road that soon forks. At the fork, take a left onto Patmos Road. Follow Patmos until you come to the parking lot for Rough Meadows on the left. It’s a dirt lot with an information kiosk. You have arrived!
Friday, June 18, 2021, 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Rough Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary